Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Barbie is excused from band class..."

I didn't say 'from gym class' because I never really minded gym class.

Except that one day in 7th grade when I almost got beat up for calling an eighth grade girl a bitch because she wouldn't throw the basketball back into the game from the bleachers, where the Stoners Chicks were sitting and mocking the girls who just wanted to pass gym class. Actually I wasn't brave enough to say it to her face, but instead mouthed the word after she'd thrown the ball back and I turned away from her. Apparently one of her Stoner Chick friends was working to pass gym class as well that day, witnessed what I said and felt a moral obligation to tell. There's some baggage I could clear out, huh?

Anyway, the reason I'm here today for approximately 12.7 seconds or as fast as I can type this is: I need you to give me a pass.

I am tied and twisted up in something else that is precluding me from my mission of material mastery. At least for a little while longer.

Frankly, I'm pissed that this blog and its impetus has been on the back burner for almost two weeks now but it has. And I'm not sure who to blame.

Sometimes stuff happens.....and piles up until you explode. At this point I welcome the explosion.

2 comments:

  1. Here you go...

    PASS!

    passpasspasspasspasspasspasspasspass...

    PASS! WOO!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be kinder to yourself gurlie.....and naturally grant yourself a pass whenever YOU need it. Life will understand.

    ReplyDelete